Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Rent


Mimi & Roger
 Any role, in any play? Mimi Márquez, from Rent. I would choose Mimi not only because of her risque dancing but because she has some of my personal favorite songs including: "Light My Candle" "Out Tonight" and "Another Day" she also has great chunks in " La Vie Bohème A & B". Plus, Mimi's love interest is Roger Davis, said to be the heart throb and most attractive. But, personally I like Mark Cohen, the independent film maker and Roger's roommate.

Mark Cohen

Rent is one of my favorite musicals out there, if you didn't already know from my bursts of singing, quoting, or from my biography on this blog. I knew about Rent when I had heard the movie was coming out in 2005. I was a young girl, at the age of 9. I didn't see the movie though, until 2011. I knew the hit song "Seasons of Love" and that was about all. I started listening to Pandora the online radio station, and while I was listening to tunes from "Hairspray" and "Joseph" I came across "Light My Candle" from Rent. What can I say? I fell in love with it. I started listening to a Rent station on Pandora and found more marvelous songs. One day while browsing at Target I saw the DVD Rent, and so I purchased it. Once, I got to my home I popped in the DVD and feel into the wonderous abyss of Rent. I found a friend who also enjoys Rent, and often times her and I converse over it. We also sing duets and quote lines... Fun times! So, pretty much that is my story of Rent. It would be a dream come true to see the Broadway play Rent, but that's not particularly feasible.


Songs from Rent I enjoy include:

"One Song Glory"                   "Tango Maureen"               "Today 4 U"

''Rent"                                     "Light my Candle"               "Take Me or Leave Me"

"Another Day"                         "Out Tonight"                      "La Vie Boheme A & B"

"Seasons Of Love"                     And pretty much the whole rest of the soundtrack!


Gives me chills!


No comments:

Post a Comment