Saturday, April 16, 2011

Top of the morning to you,

                                        6 followers woot woot! Well, I truly apologize for not posting in a long long time. I have been caught up in a ton of unique things... But also I have been taken captive AGAIN  by the wonderful world of literature and the wondrous world of video games. Yes, yes call me a nerd, if it makes you feel better. :) Well also I got my braces off, but that's just a minor detail.The scarf I mentioned earlier is now complete, and when I wore it to school got some compliments and of course mean stares. The stares I am used to by now, since I get them daily, but its just annoying. In addition, I am really into hats currently, to be more precise: Fedoras! Yay! I enjoy wearing a fedora on a sunny day or rainy day either one works. Fedoras are cute, and help block the Bipolar weather.

                

I had wrote a long caption about this, but it deleted and I am wayyy to lazy to rewrite it. So basic synopsis. Forever21. One of two fedoras I own. Wore it yesterday.


   Despite hats, I am also into Nautical themed apparel, as I mentioned in another post. The issue with nautical is that everyone else is finding a soft spot for it, so essentially its becoming a "Trend". Barf. Well I still like it just not as much. I need to decide what my new clothing style will be, but once again I;m drawing a blank.... Oh no! *grabs arm* haha wow I just quoted my Nobel Prize. Lame. What? Yes I called myself lame. Adjust. Alright, back on tangent.


Oh oh just for the fun of it I would like to review some books I have read!!!

First Novel, Rebecca by: Daphne Du Maurier


I had to read this for my English class. At first, I was very skeptical and close minded, but when I began reading I loved it! Out of 10 I would give it 8.5/10! It was truly one of the bests books I have ever read. I strongly suggest it!




Next book, is Crank by Ellen Hopkins_________________________________________________



This book I wasn't so sure about when I saw it because of the title and cover, but I needed a book, and once I opened it and saw the poetic format, I couldn't put it down. The issues in the book are far advanced beyond my age level, but I understood them and learned from it.  I would give this one a 6/10, but a point in a half were given for format and poetry so keep that in mind. Also, I've heard people get confused with the format, but I didn't so yah.


Next, next. Or should I say last, and kind of least haha Just kinda but not half by a point.  Burned by: Ellen Hopkins

This book was unique... but isn't everything. This novel, also had my much loved poetic format, but some parts in this book were too sappy and too predictable. Despite, that it was a heartwarming yet tragic story of a teenage girl. While reading this book I thought of my sister, not because she was like the main character in any means, because she was not at all. I repeat not at all. But it reminded me of her for other fun reasons. Haha that was a joke, yet I'm the only one laughing... Anyways also 6.5/10


So that is it! And I hope you enjoyed this post, and I will hopefully get back into the swing of things and post more often!


2 comments: