Monday, April 18, 2011

                                                                       White Stripes
                                                                          1997-2011

Goodnight Blog Readers, see I knew it would sound like a goodbye, but no worries its not. I meant for it to be something along the lines of Greetings! Salutations! Hello! You get the gist, Alright well tonight I am going to talk about one of my many obsessions but this is about the best band ever THE WHITE STRIPES (yes they deserve caps lock.) The White Stripes are known as alternative rock.

 Well, to begin the band consisted of Jack White and Meg White. In 1996, Jack and Meg were married, and one year later the wonderful band The White Stripes came into bloom. With Jack leading strong on the vocals, keyboard, and guitar, while Meg was mastering the drums and an occasion chime of words the band was bound for success. Around the 2000's Meg and Jack were having some marital feuds, but don't all young couples? Well, Jack told reporters and tabloids that him and Meg were siblings. People spread that rumor around like butter! IT was only assumed they were an item, but never publicly announced. Mastermind Jack thought that if people thought they were brother and sister it would be more interesting that girlfriend and boyfriend or actually husband and wife. A year later, proof of there 1996 marriage hit the media and everyone now knew the truth. When that was released he claimed " I want people to care more about the music, not our relationship." As a result that whole mishap messed things up pretty well. in 2002 the Whites divorced but still kept the White Stripes strong and thriving. Some of their best music came when they were both single. Albums titled "White Blood Cells" "Elephant" and my personal favorite "Icky Thump" brought the most success to there band. February 2011, the band broke up :( do to creative differences. So sad! But all good things must come to an end eventually.


One of the many aspects of the band that I enjoy is their clothes! Jack and Meg used to always be spotted the three colors red, white, and black. I love those colors, and they authentically scream alternative and rock music. Also I like how all their songs were unique in their own personal way.

YOU GO JACK ROCKING THAT HAT!!!



See red. white and black! Aw this is cute!
Personal Favorite I'm Digging the Outfits Big Time!!!!
You Go Meg! I love the swirled Drum!

A Christmas tango AW!

I like this one too! Its intense! WOO
I could add tons and tons more pictures but I'm cutting myself off!

My favorite songs by them happen to be....

1. "Icky Thump" ( best song ever!!!!)
2. "You Don't Know What Love Is" ( great, great!)
3. "We're Going To  Be Friends" (you might have heard this tune in Napoleon Dynamite)
4. "Little Cream Soda" (Brilliant, you may be skeptical at first but its magnificent!)
5. And various more I am not going to list!

Go on YouTube, iTunes, Pandora, or whatever and listen to them they are great!
Oh and a fun fact is Meg suffers from acute anxiety and I can first hand relate!


Here is " You Don't Know What Love Is" really cute!

"Icky Thump" Enjoy


Thanks sooo much for reading! Oh gosh I love the White Stripes, bye bye!


I can't resist a few more Pictures!!!


Elephant!
i
This is amazing!


Even at the Grammy's. Red. Black. White. Oh and I love Jack's shoes.
A kilt? Why yes, Indeed!


Swings how cute!



Okay bye now!

No comments:

Post a Comment